Kent Tritle is one of America’s leading choral conductors. Called “the brightest star in New York’s choral music world” by The New York Times, he is Director of Cathedral Music and Organist at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in New York City; Music Director of Musica Sacra, the longest continuously performing professional chorus in New York; and Music Director of the Oratorio Society of New York, the acclaimed 200-voice volunteer chorus. In addition, Kent is Director of Choral Activities and Chair of the Organ Department at the Manhattan School of Music and is a member of the graduate faculty of The Juilliard School. Also an acclaimed organ virtuoso, Kent Tritle is the organist of the New York Philharmonic and the American Symphony Orchestra.
May 26-28, 2016
David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC
David Robertson, conductor
Women of the Oratorio Society of New York
Kent Tritle, Music Director
HOLST The Planets
May 24-29, 2016
David H. Koch Theater, Lincoln Center
NEW YORK CITY BALLET
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
featuring Musica Sacra, Kent Tritle, Music Director
- Review: Musica Sacra’s ‘Messiah,’ Buoyant and Burnished at Carnegie Hall
With an excellent chorus and reliably top-notch soloists, the annual performances of Handel’s “Messiah” by Musica Sacra, under the direction of Kent Tritle, command a loyal following.
~Corinna da Fonseca-Wollheim, The New York Times, December 23, 2015 [full text]
Chorus Call – KENT TRITLE is one of North America’s busiest choral conductors. This month he takes on the challenge of Mahler’s mighty eighth symphony.
Opera News, January 2016
- MANHATTAN SCHOOL OF MUSIC Appoints KENT TRITLE To Chair Historic Organ Department, Touting Depth of Faculty and Relationships with Prestigious NYC Organizations
(press release – pdf)
- Mahler’s “Symphony of a Thousand” with Oratorio Society of New York and Manhattan School of Music at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine
- World Premiere of Evan Fein’s Deborah with Musica Sacra, and New York Premiere of Marjorie Merryman’s Jonah with Oratorio Society of New York
- Just-Completed Residency at Sibelius Academy in Helsinki – Meeting Einojuhani Rautavaara